3 min read
If you’ve done any research into healthy living, diet, or thyroid, you’ve probably come across the term adrenal fatigue. But what is it and how does it effect you and your hormones?
The main job of your adrenal glands is to produce and regulate the stress hormone Cortisol. They also produce estrogen, progesterone, and neurotransmitters. These hormones and transmitters help regulate your metabolism and communicate with other organs. Chronic stress can suppress your adrenals so that they don’t release enough of these necessary hormones; therefore, the adrenal glands work harder and harder and eventually become fatigued.
If you notice any of these symptoms, you might be suffering from adrenal fatigue:
- Difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
- Not feeling rested after sleep
- Ongoing fatigue not relieved by sleep
- Lack of energy
- Increase salt cravings
- Low libido
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Longer recovery from illness
- Mild depression
- Mental fogginess
- Struggling to get through the day
- Frequent infections
- Second wind after evening meal
Stress is almost always the root cause of adrenal fatigue, so think about your personal stressors. Establishing a routine as one of the best ways to combat stress.
- Keep the same sleep schedule, and try to sleep for 8 hours every night.
- When you’ve reached your limit or become overwhelmed in day to day life, recognize that and say no!
- Do something relaxing every day.
- Work out, but don’t over do it. Over doing it causes inflammation.
- Stay away from packaged foods, sugar, and dairy that can lead to inflammation.
- Consider good quality supplements: B vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, C, and magnesium.
Getting your life in balance is key to optimal health. De-stressing and getting your adrenals in good shape will help balance your hormones, up your metabolism, and help balance your thyroid levels so you feel less tired and more energetic.
Interested in talking with Dr. Brannon and our staff about our Adrenal Fatigue Program? Contact us today.
Optimal Bio provides hormonal imbalance testing and solutions for some of the most common medical issues associated with aging and current environmental factors. We take an integrative approach to your overall physical and mental health. Dr. Brannon and team’s services include: Adrenal Fatigue, BHRT Solutions, Thyroid Treatments, Wellness & Nutrition, and IV Therapy. Contact Us today to discuss Adrenal Fatigue testing and treatment options.